A couple of days ago, I had to go to Babies R Us. Both kids came along. As soon as we parked, Jake is asking to ride the Elmo car. The stipulation for riding the Elmo car is that we do our shopping first and then go ride the car. I also use this to my advantage to get Jake to behave in the store.
I love these cars because normally, Jake will behave when I tell him he can ride the car when we are done. I hate these cars because he will ask every 2 seconds to ride the car as we do our shopping. I also know that once he gets to ride it, he will want to ride it again.
I have no idea what the appeal is. They go back and forth and that's pretty much it. Some sing songs, others have funny noises.... but that's it. And Jake knows EVERY place that has one. He will start asking before we even get out of the car.
Katie's parenting tip - Once your child/grandchild hits about 15-18mo, be sure to carry at least $1 worth of quarters with you at all times.
Here is Jake on the Elmo car.

No comments:
Post a Comment